For New Users
What is Awessome! ??
Awessome! is a place where you can find & share your favorite recommendations with your friends. Recommendations can be on sushi restaurants, apps, appliances, makeup … pretty much anything you can think of.
Adding a recommendation is simple - take a picture, add text and add it to a collection! Example recommendations can be your favorite books, restaurants, products, travel destinations etc that you recommend to friends; things that are useful, amazing and have been personally experienced.
What can I use Awessome! for?
Awessome! makes it easier to do what you already do - share recommendations. Have you ever asked (or Googled) the following:
- “I’m looking to buy a blender, any recommendations?”
- “Can you recommend a dentist?“
- “That resort that you went to last year for your ski-trip, what was it’s name again? I remember you mentioning you loved it.”
Or ever thought:
- “Wow these cupcakes are off the charts, I gotta tell my sister about this place!”
- “This trail is fantastic, I know my friends would want to come here as well.”
- “This steak is foodgasmic, I’d totally recommend this place to everyone I know”
All of these recommendations can now be saved & organized on Awessome!. So if your friends ever want to know your favorite books, bars, coffee shops etc… you just point them to your profile on Awessome! and vice versa!
What does a recommendation consist of?
A recommendation has:
- An image (what the recommendation looks like)
- Title (what you’re recommending)
- Optional Review (why you think it’s awesome)
- And belongs to a Collection (Restaurants, Books, etc)
What should I recommend?
Whatever your’e favorite things are! Things that you have personally experienced, are awesome and useful to others. i.e. “your favorite color” would probably be a pretty useless recommendation but your favorite coffee shop would be extremely useful.
What is good content?
Like we mentioned, post things that you have personally experienced, think are awesome and useful to others.
Title: Sunset on Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii
Review by Sarah: “Witnessed the most spectacular sunset of my life on Waikiki Beach. If you go to Oahu, I strongly recommend you make it a point to catch the sunset there. It’s absolutely beautiful, something you’ll never forget!”
This is good content because the user has experienced this recommendation herself, loves it and it’s something practical that her friends can put on their to-do list when they travel to Hawaii!
What is bad content?
Title: Beautiful Sunset
Review by Kevin: “Wish I was there!”
This is bad content because Kevin has uploaded a picture of a beautiful sunset he found online. He doesn’t know where this beach is and he can’t vouch for the experience. This post isn’t useful to anyone in any way.
As a blogger what benefits do I get by using Awessome! ?
Awessome! serves as a supplement to your blog and does not substitute it. A recommendation on Awessome! is a snapshot of a full review on your blog. You direct users to the full review by linking your recommendation back to your blog and/or including the link in your review. Here’s an example of a user who shared a recommendation of Salmon Cakes she made and it links back to the full recipe and review on her blog.
- Record awesome things you come across: Capture things you find awesome so you can do them later
- Recommend things to friends: Share things you think would be useful for your friends
- Get Recommendations: Find recommendations from people in the know
- Create a To-do list: You save recommendations to your profile so you can do them later by “liking” recommendations others have posted
- Show off: You can show off your good taste in subjects you’re passionate about :-)
- Build a following: Like on a blog or Twitter, you can build a following if you post good recommendations. Especially helpful to bloggers wanting to build their influence.
Do you have a mobile app?
We’re currently working on our mobile app and will launch in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!